December 12, 2011

Kitchen part 2

I thought since so many people were interested in my last post I would post some more before and after photo's of all the work we have done on our house.
This is the other side of the kitchen. I came up with some good cheap ideas to make our house more personalized and updated.

Here is the before picture:


I do have to note that I am not finished with updating our house yet. I really hate our kitchen floors and even though we have a big sliding glass door next to our kitchen table that lets in light I wish we had french doors instead. :)


And here is the after:
You can see our chalkboard countertops extend to that nook of the kitchen. We painted the bead board a cream color to match our cabinetry and then painted the walls the same tan color as our living room, a great contrast to the cabinets. 
Now for the really fun finds: For one our nickle cup pull hardware came from Ebay at a very reasonable price. The other hardware was from Target which was also very inexpensive. 
The light fixture above our table was from a Yard Sale. The gentlemen used to work for a lighting store and so he had floor models. I bought this one for $15. It was originally silver but I thought black would look better so I spray painted it with a matte finish. 
The black kitchen door I bought off of Craigslist for $20. It came from a 100 year old house in Fort Worth. My wonderful husband sanded it for me and I painted it black and cream on the other side. I do have to warn people with old doors like this it isn't completely symmetrical. We did have to sand it down to fit in the doorway. 

I hope this gives you some ideas on what you can do with your own home. It's so fun finding inexpensive ways to make you house look nice. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment