March 23, 2012

It's Spring Time here in Texas

I thought since it has been so warm outside and the rain has come already to make all the flowers and trees start to bloom, I would revamp my blog to reflect that. :)
Plus, I am a fan of warmer colors anyway. I think it looks a lot better with the wood planks and ripe yummy peaches. Gosh, I just want to jump in to the pool and have some nice cold lemonade. 
So instead of make this post just about the blog redo I thought I would share some random thoughts with you:
1. I mentioned it in my last post I'm 9 months pregnant.....which means I could deliver any time now. This has been a tough pregnancy since my blood came back that I am anemic and I have an almost 2 year old needing me every minute. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. 
2. There are so many projects I want to do around my house. Last years Texas sun completely killed our lawn. We were on water restrictions and it doesn't help we don't have a sprinkler system which you have to have in Texas but costs around $3,000 just for the front lawn! We are thinking about tearing up everything and planting Bermuda seeds instead since it is supposed to withstand drought and sun. It would also beat having to mow every 3 days because of weeds. :)
I also have been wanting to redo our master bathroom so badly. It's very small so to tile it would not cost much but we also have never tiled before and it seems a little intimidating. I have been thinking of getting this tile for the flooring:
I also want to do something with the back splash in our kitchen. I am thinking marble subway tiles but I haven't found anything in my local stores like that yet. 
3. Pinterest is the most awesome website ever. It's like having a new magazine everyday. If you are looking for design ideas, recipes, makeup & clothes, this is the website for you. I have been pinning a lot lately for ideas for the bath and kitchen. 
4. So many things I want to buy at Ikea: like this Jute rug 
Well, maybe this will give you a little insight in to what's going on with me right now. It's nice to share. 
Hope you all have a great weekend. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment