July 31, 2012

Odds and Ends

There has been a lot going on in my household.
1. Budgets
I have been listening to Dave Ramsey about how to better save and control our money. I also found this budget sheet which is really cute:
From this blog.

2. We just recently bought a van....a used cheap van that I love already!
I have a Jeep Liberty that runs pretty rough and it's not as spacious as I would like. This is perfect. I was one of those people who said: "I am Never getting a Van." But here I am loving it. I highly recommend one if you have more than one child. 

3. My two babies and I have all been to the doctor within a four day period and we have all been pricked, not fun. :( 

4. I've been wanting to take my two year-old to her first movie at a theater but I'm not sure she is ready and I'm not sure her little brother would cooperate either but the movie would be in the middle of the day during the week. Thoughts? Winnie The Pooh is showing tomorrow at my local theater. Hmmm.

5. My Son pretty much wakes up every two hours in the night. He is sleeping right now......and has been for about 4 hours. My daughter was already sleeping through the night at this period.


6. I am trying to learn new things to cook. I am going to need those recipes for Beans & Cornbread as well as Oriental Chicken Mom. :) I have been planning out our meals every week instead of just going to the store and buying what we usually buy or are out of. I have really enjoyed eating at home more and am eating healthier. 

7. I don't know if it's just me or what but it feels like my toddler has no sense of hygiene what so ever. It drives me crazy. She just touches everything and doesn't care if she's sticky. At least she likes washing her hands. I spend half of my day just cleaning up after her. It's a full time job, but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

8. It's so hot outside we haven't been able to go very many places or spend much time playing outside. We've had a long Summer in the house. I can't wait for a little cooler weather to come our way. Oh and all that school supplies at our local grocery store makes me want to buy our daughter a little backpack and fresh crayons. 

Well, Dave Ramsey's show is on now and I am going to go over there and listen to him. You can hear him here or listen on your local radio channel. I took his Financial Peace University and it's a really great way to set a foundation for your financial future. That's just my two cents. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment