October 12, 2012

Ode to Avonlea

Since the holidays are approaching upon us and we are all snuggling in our homes because of the colder weather, I have been thinking about a wonderful family show called Road to Avonlea. It was on the Disney channel during the 90's and it was my Mom's and I's favorite show.
It revolves around the King family who lives in Avonlea back in the early 1900's. You automatically fall in love with the family and their values, traditions and short comings. If you have a sick day or a long weekend, I highly recommend sitting down with a warm cup of tea to watch this beautifully made show. It has 8 seasons!
It isn't readily available here in the states. It's imported from Canada. But I know you can at least get the first season here but it's called Tales from Avonela.
The DVD set here in America. 
I bought the HD set last year! Best Christmas gift for myself ever. lol

I could just look at their period clothing and the untouched scenery all day long. The set design and accuracy of the props is just amazing. I don't know if I could do without plumbing though, lol. 
One of these days I will visit Canada just to pretend for a moment that I am in Avonlea. 

The cast is very talented and accomplished. If you have ever watched Anne of Green Gables with Megan Fallows and Colleen Dewhurst you will recognize some of those same characters in this show. LOVE!



I can not say enough good things about it. If you want to know more about the show you can visit these websites:




I am no way affiliated with Sullivan or Road to Avonlea. 
I am just a HUGE fan of the show. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment