January 17, 2013

Plans, Lists & getting Organized!

I don't know what it is about the beginning of the year and getting organized but it is a must in my house. I guess it has something to do with the chaos that is Christmas and needing to put all of the holiday decor up and start the new year off right.
I have come up with a few new ideas that I'm doing this year to make it a little less stressful.

Isn't this kitchen calendar just beautiful? In the past I had always gone with "Mommy calendars" or Monet but I thought this would perfect for the kitchen. After the year ends I could even frame some of these pictures and hang them in the kitchen. 




Not only did I fill out my kitchen calendar with all the events and birthdays for the year I also made a handy list for my purse of everyone's birthday. Now I can plan ahead of time which presents I need to get in each month. I don't know about you but when I plan ahead and get presents early they always seem to be nicer and more thoughtful, not to mention a bit cheaper. I did this a little with Christmas last year and it really freed up some time and money for us. If I'm in the mall or a store I can glance at the list and see what gifts I need to buy for the month and stay on top of them. I know this sounds simple but I can't tell you how many times it's been a few days before someone's birthday and we have to rush out and get a present. We end up paying too much for a gift they think is ok, you can always tell on their face.

Plus, I love being in a store and all of a sudden seeing something that reminds me of someone. You know when you say.....Oh so and so would love that; it has them written all over it. :) My ultimate dream would be to have a closet full of gifts we have bought for people. All I would have to do is go in to my gift closet pick out their gift and wrap it. Doesn't that just sound wonderful? I've heard closets like this exist but I've never seen one.

Ok...stop dreaming and lets move on.

You may have read a few posts ago about my picture scanning I never got around to finishing it. :( Well, this week I did. It's all scanned and filed away. I know it's been awhile. WOW. I really hate putting pictures in shoe boxes stored away in attics never to be seen. That's why I chose to file mine in a clear container in our hall closet so they are always there and within reach. I love looking at pictures. I don't like a lot of photo binders everywhere either though. I have a few important pictures in binders but I just don't like a lot of clutter around. Sometimes I wish I had bookcases all along my living room wall. I might put all my pictures in binders then. But anway. I scanned the pictures too so they are always on my computer. Honestly I don't have a ton of family pictures printed out.
It's like the comedian Jim Gaffigan says: "We used to have old boxes of photos in our closet, now we just have computers." I love him.

Well, I have some big posts coming up of some updates of my Most popular posts; so keep an eye out for those.

And as always.......

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment