February 5, 2013

Decorating for Valentine's Day!

Since I shared my tutorial for a Valentine's Day Banner. I thought I would show you a little bit around my house, decorated for Valentine's Day. I don't know about you but Valentine's Day was never really big in my house. We celebrated it quite nice in school. My Dad would bring my Mom roses for the holiday. As for us kids there were no decorations or mailboxes at home. So, loving holidays like I do, even if they are invented by card companies. I decided to decorate my house for my children.......ok, ok, for me too. :) Why not celebrate love?

I do have to say that I am not a pink color lover. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful color. I love it on my clothes, adore it in my makeup and dress my daughter in it every chance I get. The color pink for my house is another story. I don't mind splashes of it here and there....let's say in a banner ;) or something. But in my kitchen and all over my walls....no. I couldn't even paint my daughters room pink because I felt like any pink color you put on the walls just ends up looking like Pepto Bismol. Anyway, moving on. So here is a more subdue Valentine's Day decor with more red and less pink.

The banner! Again here is the Tutorial if you need it. 

Sweet little mailboxes from Target for only $1! I plan on using these after the holiday as Commission boxes, when they do chores and to put treats in when they are good. 

My beautiful spring flower wreath that I purchased from Tuesday Morning a few years ago. Maybe this year I should get some Valentines ribbon to put on it? 

Valentine's Day flag for the front yard that I purchased from a boutique. "The Season for Love".

A tea towel my grandma in-law gave me. <3 "A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes."

Pottery Barn Valentine's Day Mail chairbacker. I love this to put envelopes and candy in, on the big day. Plus, when she gets older and comes home from school with all those cards she will have a place to put them. 


Can't forget Groundhog Day! February 2nd!
I always forget to put this guy out before Groundhog Day but this year I remembered. Isn't he the cutest? I got him from Hallmark a long time ago. I think he was on clearance for a $1. 

Well, I hope this gave you some ideas or entertained you for a moment. Please leave a comment below on your Valentine's Day traditions. I love hearing your ideas. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment