April 2, 2013

Star Wars Nursery Updated!

 I have been wanting to do this post for some time but I didn't want to rush it. There were a few things I wasn't happy about with the room & I wanted to fix it before doing another post. The paint color for one bothered me. It turned out to be lighter & color than I wanted. I wanted a warmer color for the walls so I headed off to Lowes and found a warm grey color from Valspar called Cathedral Stone #4003-2A (satin finish). 




As you can see in the picture, compared to the color on the walls it's a little darker and warmer. This looks like Star Wars to me. I think eventually we will branch out in to other themes but since he doesn't have a favorite right now....I don't see any harm in doing one of ours. :) 

So we started painting. My husband was off from work and so we were able to have the kids stay at their grandparents and have a date/painting day. I love painting so it was fun to me. We had the music going, we talked, took a few breaks, it was lovely.







We had a sticker decal on the wall of the Millenium Falcon and we decided to try and keep it. So, we painted over it. Here is my husband doing the pain staking work of trying to peal off the sticker without ruining the image. 
He is the best!

This is the finished project. I personally think it looks better than the original sticker. What do you think? 


My husband hates painting. He loves putting things together though. Which is why he loved putting THESE shelves up from Ikea. I saw this picture (below) from Pinterest and it gave me a great idea to organize all the figures, books & models my son will probably eventually have all over his room. 
Shelves for Boy's room
I just love floating shelves. I think we will have to get a few more shelves for his room. For now, I think two is enough. I love how no space is wasted. The shelves go right in to the corner of the room. 

Here is the new room!
 I love all this storage space. 

Rocking chair is from a Garage sale, repainted. 


The Star Wars mobile. I think when he gets a little older I would like to put these in frames or hanging on his wall somehow. 

More storage for all those small toys and soft plush.

Eventually I would like to get more Star Wars books and figurines. He is only 11 months though. I guess some of those things can wait. :)



A view from the doorway. 

 This is what you see when you walk straight in.


In case you were wondering This Basket is from Target. I got it on sale a few weeks ago, $10 off. I think it's goes on sale every 6 months. The wire basket is from Homegoods. The curtains are also from Target, which I am thinking of changing. I think there needs to be some sort of pattern in here.
If you want to know where the other items are from you might want to check out my previous post about the room HERE
As with all rooms you never really are finished. There are still a few things I would like on the walls and different curtains, more Star Wars toys and maybe add in another color.

Let me know what you think of the new updated room. I hope this gives you some ideas on storage solutions and places to buy inexpensive items for kids rooms. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment