May 18, 2013

How I lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks

Let me just say, I have completely converted to counting calories. When I was younger, I thought it was a ridiculous idea to have to count everything you eat and write it down and do math when you're supposed to be stuffing your face. I had been hearing buzz about My Fitness Pal and took a look at it a few months ago and wasn't impressed so I set up my account and just left it. Three weeks ago I decided to take another look at how it worked out. It said I needed to eat 1,200 calories a day in order to lose weight. I decided to give it a whirl and typed in the diary section what I ate that day. I continued to do it the next day, and the next day and so on. It was so simple. Every time I sat down to eat I grabbed my phone and just typed in what I ate. I started to realize what things were really fatty in my diet and how I could eat a smaller portion of it or exclude it all together. Since then I have lost 11 lbs...in 3 weeks. I lost 5 lbs each week and then 1 lb the following week. It starting to slow down now...losing weight I mean. But I feel healthier and I know what foods I don't feel guilty about eating and others I have cut out completely. I haven't exercised at all either.


Like the Ramen noodles I liked are 460 calories a package, and I thought I was eating light!! Do you have a Raising Canes near you? Well, I have like 3 and their 3 Finger Combo is 792 calories!! Those chicken tenders are not that worth it to me. My Mom had me look up food for her too and couldn't believe her Pei Wei Pad Thai Chicken was 720 calories.
To me, the proof is in the pudding. I started counting and watching what I ate and a few things happened: I started portion control, I'm not eating certain "not worth it" foods & I am losing weight and feeling great. And all of this is because of an app.
Trust me, I am as surprised as you are. If you are lazy, don't want to try that hard to lose weight and don't mind altering you diet a very small amount then this app is for you. I just made a few rules for myself: I am completely honest with the food I eat no matter how many calories it is, I stick to the 1,200 diet pretty well....some days I have been over a little bit...I think the most was 188 calories but it was no skin off my back. I no longer feel guilty for eating candy or ice cream they are planned. It's actually very liberating. I eat almost exactly what I did before just in slightly smaller amounts ( two slices of Dominos pizza instead of three). I try and drink more water since that curbs my appetite and I don't snack as much either because I'm not as hungry.



It's only been a little over three weeks but I really feel like this is the "diet" for me. I really feel this is more of a lifestyle choice than actually a diet because I really don't do without. Well, if you have any questions on this or want to know what I eat I would be glad to share it with you. I hope if you are struggling with loosing weight you will give this app a trial. It's so simple. There are so many other things to this app as well.
 I would like to lose another 19 lbs but I am going to be patient and just stick to this for awhile. Gosh, I used to be so overwhelmed with how much weight I wanted to lose but I have 11 down and 19 to go. It's sounds so much more doable now.Let me know if you have started this or start using this app and what you think of it.


Enjoy!

*I am not affiliated with My Fitness Pal. I have not received anything from their company.
Note: please consult with your doctor before changing anything in your diet. I was 30 lbs overweight results may vary depending on your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment