June 25, 2013

Girl's Birthday on a budget



I didn't set out to make my daughter's Birthday budget friendly, it just ended up that way and it really shows you don't have to spend a lot on a cake or decorations in order to make it special. 
I decided on a macaroon/ballet/french theme after I saw these napkins



They also had wrapping paper to match the napkins at the store and so I bought that as well...only $2.50 a sheet. There are so many other cute macaron/macaroon items on that site but I didn't find them in the store that I went to. :( 
I purchased an art print of a piano at Hobby Lobby and I just changed out the picture and printed this art print that I found on Pinterest:

Then I made my own tassel garland using this blog. I've used a different tutorial in the past and found this to have more pictures. :) 
This is how the party decor turned out:

I also made garlands out of napkins. The striped napkins were from Target, they were left over from my Downton Abbey Viewing Party. Since my daughter was turning three I  thought this adorable "3" bucket at Michaels for $2 was perfect! The coral french gift bags were also from Michaels, $1 ea. The star wands are from Target $1 ea. The little purple ruffle detail on the buffet is my duaghter's ballet skirt from last years birthday party (Gymboree). 

I decorated some with her ballet books and Angelina Ballerina doll. The fabric I purchased from this Etsy shop for $13.85, including shipping. The food was also very simple. I purchased juice boxes, macaroons $18 for a dozen at a local bakery (honestly not worth it) & my Mother in-law found cotton candy bags at Central Market which we put in a bowl. M&M's were set in a cupcake bowl I had purchased awhile back from Hallmark. I bought watermelon and ginger ale for the adults. Everything else: balloons, paper plates, forks were all from Party City. 



Napkins on the chandelier. 

I always try and have a healthy treat in case adults want to eat something without frosting or chocolate. 

The straws were from her party last year and everyone loved the ginger ale. 

The cake! I had a picture in mind that I found on Pinterest.
Our local Tom Thumb made this cake for me and only added extra icing to the cost, making it only $16! It was pretty rich too. If it's a fairly simple cake (without fondant) it doesn't hurt to take a picture up to your local grocery store and see if they can do it for you. We had originally gone to a gourmet bakery and they quoted $44! I added the pom poms on the cake (from Target on clearance for $2!). 
So what seems like a custom French/Macaroon/Ballet themed party with cute details and personal touches barely made a dent in the wallet. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed all the Birthday pictures. Do you have any great ideas for kids parties or have you saved some on a party you threw? Let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear from you. 

Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment