September 23, 2013

Fall Fall everywhere

It's on Pinterest, every blog I see, on all the magazine covers & in the stores. It's fall everywhere.........except here in Texas. I am a little envious of the weather some of you are getting. It's still in the 90's where I am and I can't even think about putting my fall decor out until October. That doesn't mean I don't have some fall projects going on. I didn't photograph a tutorial for this because well, honestly it's a little hard to photograph weaving fabric in and out but I did find a blog that describes it pretty well... HERE and she just so happens to be a fellow Texan. (Sorry Texas pride going strong in this post) After scouring Etsy I found a burlap wreath that I loved but it was $55 and when it turned September the price hiked up to $65. So I decided to make my own burlap wreath and save the $30+ dollars. Here is mine:




I bought the burlap at Hobby Lobby (before I saw the post above, funny enough). $5.99 a roll and I needed 3 rolls for an 18" wreath which was $3.49 at Michaels, the bow also from Michaels. The Trick or treat ornament is from Kirkland's, $2.99. At first when I started weaving the ribbon I did it a little too tight and it needs to be fairly...fluffy, bunchy? Whatever word you like to use but it needs to have some excess so that it covers the wire wreath. After awhile I got the hang of it, no worries it doesn't need to be perfect. I love how it turned out. It's exactly what I wanted. I'll let you know of my other fall progress as it comes along.
 I have no idea how I am going to decorate my pumpkins this year either. I usually have something in mind.....glitter, grouped in the fireplace, carved some fun way...this year nothing appeals to me. The only thing I know I am going to try with my pumpkins is to soak them in vinegar so they don't go bad so quickly. Have any of you tried this? Does it work?
Let me know what ideas you have for your pumpkins this year I would love to hear them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment