September 24, 2013

Fall Mantel 2013

I have done a post about fall decor before.....lol. <rhymes,  POST HERE, anyway......and this year since painting my fireplace white, I wanted to do something a bit special and unique. I don't know why but that is really my favorite place to decorate. It's the focal point when you walk in to our home. Although, it can be a bit tricky to decorate. It is so easy to go overboard and pack a lot of pine-cones  or have it look too scarce. I am a middle of the road kind of gal. I do have a few obstacles with my fireplace. For one, it's narrow. I can't put wide items more than 2 bricks wide. Also it's very long and off centered. One of these days I would love to build a wood mantle on it but until then I just have to deal. I feel like for the first time I didn't fight with the obstacles. Now, don't get me wrong I did rearrange it like 11 times, no joke. It didn't really occur to me until after I was finished how no real roadblocks came up. I really loved how my fireplace turned out this year. So, without further ado here is the 2013 Fall mantel:


I'm probably still not done.....even uploading this pictures and looking at them on here make me want to tweak a few things. Is anyone else like this? I swear, it takes me like a week to get everything sorted out. It's a good thing I usually put my holiday decor out early. 
I love this gold leaf in the middle of everything. It's actually a Pier One plate I got last year on sale. And, it's backwards. The front is gorgeous and brightly colored but I just loved the gold patina on the back. 

I wanted to include my Little Women book. It's made for fall. Look at that gold detail and the burnt orange leather backing. I used to not be a gold person at all. I loved silver but the times they are a changin, I'm embracing gold this year. It really adds some warmth and dimension to the space. 
And of course being a chalkboard lover I couldn't make this mantel complete without some chalk. I'm not good at writing or drawing but I think it works and you can read it right? I really need to practice on my chalkboard writing since I have so many surfaces I can write on. Well, thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed yourself. 
Happy Fall Ya'll!
Enjoy!





1 comment: