October 10, 2013

10 of the Best Halloween Movies for Kids





I decided to make this list because I like to know what people watch during this season and I feel my family have a few traditions when it comes to the movies we watch. I also wanted to make this list because there are tons of really scary lists of movies but not many that are for kids (and adults faint at heart, lol.) So here it is...Our 10 Favorite Halloween movies in no particular order:

10. The Nightmare before Christmas
 
Tim Burton's great classic. Recommended for ages 7+. Rated PG. 

9. Hocus Pocus
 
This is my personal favorite. Great for all ages.

8. The Worst Witch
 I remember watching this movie when I was young.....reminds me a little of Harry Potter but with witches instead. 
7. Casper (1995)
The amazing house in this movie alone makes it worth watching. Rated PG. 

6. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
 Bing Crosby is the voice of Ichabod and the narrator, the music in this is wonderful. Little one's love watching this. 
5. Monster House
 I love this newer movie. It reminds me of Goonies & Monster Squad wrapped in to one. No swear words though.It is rated PG. 
4. It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
 
What's a season without Charlie Brown? Good Grief! 

3. E.T.
 
The best Sci-Fi kids Halloween movie. You can't get any better than Steven Speilberg. Rated PG. 
2. The Witches
Now, I remember this one being pretty scary but very magical and tragic. This isn't for the younger tikes. Rated PG. 

1. Mickey's House of Villains
 If you are looking for some of the Disney classic shorts you grew up with as a kid and some new ones mixed in then this is the Halloween movie for you! It's Disney at it's best on all Hallows Eve. 

I hope you liked the list. I tried to make it where children of all ages wouldn't mind watching it and it's theme really was Halloween. Some honorable mentions that didn't make it in to the list are:
Monsters Inc., Beetlejuice, Labyrinth, Young Frankenstein, Sleepy Hallow, The Monster Squad,Teen Witch, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ghostbusters,  The Halloween that Almost Wasn't, The Wizard of Oz & Oz the Great and Powerful. 

I also didn't include TV Shows such as Goosebumps, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Pooh's Haffalump Halloween Movie, A Recess Halloween, Max and Ruby: Max's Halloween & Max's Perfect Pumpkin, Dora's Halloween & Little Bear Halloween Stories. 
I'm also considering doing an adult list of Halloween movies that aren't that scary, what do you think? 

Check out all these great titles. I don't know about you but I am going to gather all these and a bowl of popcorn to get me in the spirit. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment