April 28, 2014

A 2nd Birthday Cowboy Party


My little boy turned two this week. I can't believe how fast it's gone by. He is obsessed with Toy Story, Woody in particular. I decided to throw him a Toy Story Cowboy party. I've never seen a little boy so excited. He had to point out every Woody he saw. Believe it or not this was a bit of a tough theme to decorate for. A lot of the Toy Story items are space themed. I guess most of the kids like Buzz? Woody has always been my favorite. 
I started with the invitations (above in the middle above the blue Toy Story Book). I couldn't find any at my local party supply store that I liked. Then I found the cutest one at LittlePaperFarmhouse on Etsy. I also found the favor boxes on Etsy from LittleArtistShop. I have to mention she worked with me and made me a custom order since I only wanted the red boxes.  After that I knew I wanted straw hats, bandannas (all from Amazon) and popcorn. I usually buy my popcorn from Popcorn Papa, which is delish but this year I decided to buy a few $1 large bags from Target (in their concession stand). Have you ever smelled popcorn when you enter Target? It always makes me want to grab a bag. I found little popcorn bags at Hobby Lobby and the western Happy Birthday sign there as well. The Woody paper straws (in the popcorn bags) are from Ebay. The red window box is a purchase I made a few years ago from Weirs. The metal bin I bought recently from Michaels. 

We purchased a face painting kit on Ebay, which was a big hit. We also had backyard games like horseshoes, badminton, frisbee & blowing bubbles. These games were perfect since we had kids that ranged in age from 2-12. 
The cake, which I always try and make pretty special since it's one of the main reasons people want to go to birthday parties, maybe that's just me. :) I love Sam's Club buttercream icing. It's the most delicious icing. This huge 1/2 sheet cake was only $17.48! The color and graphics on it were fantastic. I was literally walking through Sam's and was getting stopped by people wanting to see it. It was the weirdest thing. The most important thing was this little guy's face. 
I wish I had taken more pictures of the party decor but we were also serving lunch, beans and cornbread made by my Mom. Thanks Mom! She's the best. I had two large 36" balloons that I got from Hobby Lobby and a cute bunting garland hanging outside our front door. I didn't get any pictures of those. :( In all it was a big success as you can see from his big smile. 
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment