May 27, 2014

Platinum Blonde Update!

Hi everyone,
Last year I revealed on my blog how I dye my hair at home. I've gotten a lot of response from that post and I thought I would do an update on what I'm using now and the upkeep.
Here is the old post, incase you missed it.

I am still using the Wella Blondor, it's a big cannister and I haven't run out of it yet. You can purchase Wella Blondor from Amazon Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener 28.2 oz. here.  It's $35.99 plus free shipping and mine has lasted over 9 months and I still have about a quarter of it left. I dye my hair once a month so it's really a great price! I have had to repurchase a Volume 20 developer and I did so at my local Sally's, $5. I still apply 3 (75ml) scoops of Blondor to 3 scoops 20 Developer (1:1 ratio) to touch up my roots.

I have had to repurchase the toner a few times. It only lasts two sessions, if that. I was ordering the Paul Mitchell UTP from Sleekhair.com. It is $19.48 (including shiping) on the site. I've since found it on Amazon Paul Mitchell The Color Permanent Cream Hair Color UTP Ultra Toner Platinum Blonde
 It's $17.48 (including shipping). 
I tried out a new toner this past time from Wella Color Charm in T18, purchased from Sally's. I believe it was only around $5.00 and it lasts two sessions! I just followed the directions from the box.
I chose T18 because it has purple undertones to take out the yellow. I do have to say that this toner is pretty harsh. My scalp did burn a little, but after the first initial sting it went away fairly quickly and didn't bother me after that. I don't know if that was a one time thing or what. I have had that reaction to a few other products before and then when I used them again, I didn't have any reaction. This toner is a little harder to use since it is so liquidy (as you can see from the picture above). I did NOT use the 20 developer with the toner. I used 10, sorry no picture. I purchased that from my local Sally's as well (around $4), since they didn't have any volume 5 developers. I did find one...on you guessed it, Amazon: Paul Mitchell Volume Cream Developer 5 32.0 oz (1 Liter)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              The box said to leave it on for 30 minutes but I felt like it was developing fast, so I only left it on for 15 minutes. My hair is a little yellow because of that, as you can see from the picture. I'm going to try this product next month and see if there is any difference. So far, I haven't been able to find products better than the original items I purchased. I really like the Paul Mitchell UTP because it's a cream and I feel it's easier on my hair. I am glad I have been able to find all the products on Amazon. It makes repurchasing a lot easier. I hope this update was useful to you. Let me know if you have any questions or products you can refer to me. I would love to hear from you. 
As always, 
Enjoy!

Note: I am affiliated with Amazon but, all thoughts are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment