May 19, 2014

Porch Chair Makeover

I've been trying to figure out what to do with my front porch for the longest time. I've tried planters big and small and every plant would die. The porch was pretty bare for awhile. I really like the entrance of my house to look warm and inviting. It finally hit me, I need to put a comfy chair right on the open corner of my porch. I recently saw one of the bloggers I follow, Chez Moi revamped her whole outdoor furniture set with some spray paint. She had some dingy old wicker chairs and after spray painting them, they looked better than new. I personally don't really like wicker but when I saw her transformation I was just gobsmacked. It occurred to me that this is what I was missing on my front porch. What's more welcoming than a chair? I don't have to water it or worry if it is getting enough sun or too much. I looked on Craigslist that morning and found a great deal on a small wicker chair. We picked it up for $25.
Here is the chair wiped down and in it's original sad state. 

I headed on down to Lowes and picked up some shiny black spray paint. 
I went with this one since it said wood and gloss black. It also said "primer in one", which I thought was pretty neat. I hate having to prime things. It's just another step I didn't have to do. It took two cans of spray paint to completely coat the chair. 
This is after the first coat. It's already looking better. Just look at that shine. 
And here is the finished product on my front porch! So much better than an empty pot or dead plant. I just added a colorful pillow that could be seen from the road and called it a day. I have to say I was really excited about this project. A little bit of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I know it sounds weird but I was really at a loss with this porch. It's small but yet open except one side is closed off. Just a nightmare to try and add a little snazz. I think I accomplished what I set out to do. I can't wait to sit out on my little wicker chair with some hot tea and watch my kids play. 

I hoped you liked this post as much as I liked painting that chair. :) 

Enjoy! 



2 comments:

  1. love the chair painted black! Your porch looks great and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are more projects to come. :)

      Delete