September 3, 2014

Canopy Bed fit for a Princess

Ever since I was little I loved rearranging my room. It was fascinating to me that putting my bed in a different place or even adding a colorful pillow could completely change the way my room looked & felt. That has stuck with me. When you're a child your room is a small space carved out just for you. I've always wanted my little girl's room to feel bright, colorful & like a wonderland. I finally found the crowning jewel to make her room a little princess nest.
I was checking my email and came across a Decor Steals daily email. It was a marvelous crown canopy, a little rustic (brown) but otherwise a great find. I snatched it up immediately for $49.50 (including shipping). I was on pins and needles until I received it in the mail a couple weeks later. It was just as pictured.....so I started to work on it. I got my trusty Rust-Oleum Gold Spray paint and layered it with 2 coats. Now, it was fit for a princess.


It could not have turned out any better. I tied a pink ribbon to add some pop. The drape is from Pottery Barn Teen. It was perfect because it had ties, which made it easy to hang from the canopy. Sometimes a project just comes together so perfectly it must be meant to be. 
Aqua bird pillow is from H&M. Pink check pillow is from Ikea. 
Quilt is from Pottery Barn Kids. 

The gold dots I would love to extend down the wall but my daughter keeps peeling them off. She doesn't have the vision I do for her room. ;) There are still some things I need to workout in her room. I am making a lot of changes and have one more project I'm excited about revealing. I will do a room reveal very soon. 

Let me know if you enjoyed this post in the comments below. I would love to hear your ideas and see what projects you've done for your girl's or boy's room. 
As always, 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment