September 17, 2014

Hiding the cords

Recently I did a post about building a Decorative wood box. I mentioned I didn't like how the cords were still apparent. There wasn't much we could do about it since one of the cords had to stretch across. Since then we have replaced that cord and were ready to get to work on the others. 
I was shopping around at Ikea recently and came across a fairly large cord cover there. It's called the Uppleva Cable cover strip. It was perfect! My husband was able to put it up in a matter of minutes. It's really easy to install. 
UPPLEVA Cable cover strip IKEA Makes it easy for you to collect and conceal cables for your wall-mounted TV.
He did cut it down since it was a little over 2ft in length. The strip only comes in white, which doesn't look too bad by itself. 

  The cord cover is paintable so I was able to paint it the same color as my living room wall. It is now seamless and clean.
 I love it. Since I have paneling it helps fade in to the background as well. I'm glad we didn't have to drill any large holes in the wall to get rid of these cords.
 How do you think it turned out? I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions.
As you can see.....I've already started decorating for fall. Look out for that post coming your way soon.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment