October 27, 2014

Welcome Halloween

Halloween is upon us. I don't know about you but I'm super excited. I've been getting in the mood by watching some fun and scary halloween movies. I've made some Chex Mix, we've gone to the pumpkin patch & we've been munching on candy corn. We also have our front porch all ready to welcome the trick or treaters. We have quite a few in our neighborhood. I feel bad sometimes because we take our children trick or treating and so my husband and I are usually not home to hand out the candy. Maybe when our children get a little older, one of us can stay home.
 I thought I would share a few pics of our front porch. We were going to try and do our paver project on our front porch before Halloween but it didn't turn out that way. I'm still very happy how our porch turned out. 

I purchased a bail of hay from my local Calloways, which I have been wanting to do for years. The kids loved sitting on they hay. Their little pumpkins are front and center on it. This will also be a great decoration for Thanksgiving. I also thought of putting some of the hay in our wheelbarrow and placing a few pumpkins in it, maybe next year. 



 I have my pumpkin mat out that I purchased from Kirklands a few years back. This mat is great for the whole season. I'm also loving my black door this year. It looks gorgeous with all the orange decor. I can't wait to decorate it for Christmas.  


Our wreath this year. It's pretty much the same burlap wreath from last year except it has a small sign that reads "trick or treat" instead. I also added the black and white check ribbon that I like a bit better than last years. 
I hope you're having a great fall so far. 

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment