November 30, 2014

It's the Holiday season!

Believe it or not, I've been putting up Christmas decor for the past 2 weeks. I like to take my time and try things out in different spaces. Plus, Home Depot had their Black Friday sale on their natural garlands and wreaths. It's become a bit of a tradition for me to go there and pick up their foliage for $5 a piece!! Now my house smells like pine, lovely.
     This year my Christmas inspiration was the movie Little Women, the 1994 adaptation. I don't know about you, but I consider it a Christmas movie. They always seem to be celebrating it in the movie. I love the traditional Americana touches. The movie opens with falling snow and a natural wreath being hung on a door.

Isn't it picturesque? This movie really get me in the mood for the holiday season. If you haven't watched this wonderful family movie pick it up Today!  
Without further ado.....here is my little Christmas home:

My natural wreath hanging in my kitchen above my sink. 
I purchased some clearance ribbon from Michaels and cinnamon sticks and found a small vine of berries for color. $8 in total!

Our front door this season. 
A small ornament from Michaels that reads "Merry Christmas" adorns my pinecone wreath. 
Our fireplace decorated with a natural garland. 
I designed this stocking holder. I've been wanting to do this for years since my mantle isn't very wide. Plus, we use our fireplace a lot and I hate having to move the stockings every time we make a fire. I purchased a fence post from Lowes, asked my Father in-law to cut it down for me and make a base. He also drilled a hole through the top/middle of the post so I could slide a small curtain rod through it. Afterwards, I painted it a crisp white. I plan on using this post year round. I can just take out the rod and attach a hook to use it as a wreath stand. It has multiple uses. It cost approximately $15! LOVE.

Our entry way welcoming our guests for the season. 
Silver and gold!

$3 sign from Target sits in our guest bathroom. 

Our light fixture in our living room. 
Our Christmas tree this year. 
I hope you are having a great holiday season so far. We've been listening to Christmas music for awhile now. It always put me in the mood. Plus, we had snow a few weeks ago here in Texas! It was magical. But, it's in the 70's right now. That's Texas weather for ya. 
Thanks for reading and as always....
ENJOY!












No comments:

Post a Comment