November 5, 2014

My Fall Beauty Must Haves

Since the weather is getting cooler and my skin and makeup routine has changed because of this, I thought I would share some of the beauty products I am loving for fall. I used to have a beauty blog but I was more passionate about home design but every once in awhile, I like to trickle in a few beauty tips and tricks I've picked up. I hope you don't mind.
Without further ado, here are my top beauty picks for fall:

1. A Heavy Duty Hand Moisturizer
I wash my hands all the time, partly because I have kids. It seems when you have children you are always washing your hands....like every 5 minutes. In the summer it's not that big of a deal, but as we get into cooler weather it becomes difficult for our hands to stay moisturized. My hands crack and can become scaly. I have to have a good hand moisturizer. Right now I can stay with a lighter hand cream but as we get into winter I have to transfer to a straight up shea butter. Right now I am loving Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin nourishing hand cream.

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Nourishing Hand Cream - Soap/Sanitizer - Bath & Body Works

This hand cream is in my handbag as we speak...type, read, whatever. I love this stuff. My husband is a bit finicky when it comes to scents and he loves this one. Everytime I put it on he says how good it smells.It's thick and creamy but spreads nice and it doesn't leave any sticky or oily. This puts me in the pumpkin pie baking mood.

2. The Best Lip Balm
I've tried a lot of lip balms: Blistex, Burt's Bees, Vaseline, Chapstick, Rosebud salve, Maybelline Baby Lips,Aquaphor, Clinique Superbalm & Carmex.
All of these made my lips peel After my lips peeled, they were soft but if I skipped one night of lip balm the next day they would be dry and cracked.
Then I discovered the best Lip balm ever: EOS (evolution of smooth) lip balm sphere.
Eos Evolution of Smooth - Lip Balm Sphere Pomegranate Raspberry (1)


Seriously, this is my Holy Grail of lip balms. The best I've ever tried. It glides on like butter. At first I was a bit put off by the packaging and the odd shape but it is very practical and easy to find in my purse. I glide it on my lips and they immediately feel better. My lips don't peel and if I forget to put it on at night it's not devastating to my lips. My favorite flavor is the Pomegranate Raspberry. I also love the Lemon Drop flavor when I'm under the weather or sick. They always have fun holidays sets and a lot of different flavors. Not to mention it's 100% natural and 95% organic.

3. Night Creme
I've recently found this new night cream, before I was using TimeBalm's Grapefruit face cream.
It's called Lanocorp By Nature Replenishing Night Crème.

By Nature Night Creme 60g
 I found it at Marshalls for only $7.99! It's on Amazon for $19.75, but I don't know where else you can purchase it, except directly from the website for $9.99 + shipping. I have very sensitive skin and after reading the label: "Infused with organic rosehip oil, collagen, hyaluronic acid & Aloe Vera", I was intrigued. I know Miranda Kerr uses rosehip oil on her face and I've been wanting to try it. It's made in New Zealand which makes me think it's more organic and natural but don't quote me on that. ;) Now to the nitty gritty, I put this on after cleansing my face at night. When I woke up in the morning my skin was baby soft. My husband was really surprised of what a difference it made on my skin in just a short amount of time. I did break out a little around my jaw area a few days later but that has since cleared up and my skin is looking great. I also love that this tube has a pump, it makes it so easy to get the right amount of moisturizer you need out of the tube. Since I purchased this, I've also found the Hydrating day creme and rejuvenating eye creme. I will let you know how these come along.

4. Moisturizing Body Wash
I've used Dove soap since I can remember and it is the best. However, in the cooler months sometimes I need a bit more moisture for my skin. That's when I found St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash.
St Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash 24 oz
I actually used this in the summer months too. It makes my skin feel so soft and gets rid of any itchy dry patches I may have had. In the summer I used it probably one a week, in the fall and winter I use it every other shower. It literally feels like you are putting lotion on in the shower, wonderful. It smells like honey to me. I sleep so much better when I put this on my skin. For only $3.99 at Target it's a steal. Plus, it lasts a long time! 

5. Facial Cleanser
Ever since I heard that Lisa Eldridge worked for Boots & no 7 products I had to check out their face products. Incase you don't know who Lisa Eldridge is....she's a makeup artist to the stars: She works with Kate Winslet, Keira Knightly,Gemma Arterton and so many more. She occasionally posts Youtube video how tos and also has a blog: http://www.lisaeldridge.com/  Anyway, I found a sensitive facial cleanser, right up my alley, and decided to try it out. It's been over 2 years now and I can't say enough good things about this cleanser. 

Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Face Wash 5-oz.
It's so gentle but thoroughly cleans my skin. I've never had a breakout because of this product. My Mom has used this cleanser but since she is basically allergic to every known makeup/moisturizer/serum & cleanser, she wasn't able to use it. This seems to be the only one I can use. To top it off it's only $4.69 at Target.

Let me know what your beauty must-haves are. I hope you liked this change of topic on my blog. Thanks for reading and as always......

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment