December 5, 2014

10 Best Christmas movies for Kids



Last year I did a 10 Best Halloween Movies for Kids. A lot of people liked it, so I thought I would do one for Christmas this year. Christmas is without a doubt my favorite time of the year. It's really magical. The movies are some of the best in my opinion because they're usually centered around family. There are a few movies I always have to watch every year...but this list is for the kids. I've tried to include movies for all ages on the list. So without further ado, here is My 10 Best Christmas Movies for Kids (In no particular order):




Written by John Hughes (Breakfast Club, National Lampoons Vacation) & Directed by Chris Columbus, this comedy is everything a kid is looking for: bad guys, adventure, crazy antics & Christmas wishes come true. This film is rated PG. I suggest this for kids 7 and older.

9. The Nutcracker Prince

A classic rendition suited for kids of all ages. It features the voice talents of Kiefer Sutherland, Peter O'Toole and Megan Follows. I love watching this movie too. Rated G. 


This movie basically has to be on every kids Christmas movie list. Who doesn't love Snoopy? Can you believe this movie was released in 1965? Wow. Rated G

7.The Muppet Christmas Carol

The music in this muppet classic is so catchy and heart felt. It's funny and sweet with your favorite green, pink & blue characters. Rated G.

6.The Snowman

An instrumental only movie (no talking) this movie captures your imagination with snow and magic. The song "Walking in the Air" will soon become a favorite Christmas song. It's based on the children's book by Raymond Briggs. I watch this movie every Christmas eve.

5.Prep & Landing

This fairly new Disney movie has a new take on the elf's roll in helping Santa. They are basically like super spies/Ninjas. My kids actually like watching this movie year round. I have to say me and the grandparents like watching it as well. We all have it on DVD. Rated G.

4. Mickey's Magical Christmas
Snowed in at the House of Mouse

I really love this compilation of new and old shorts with all the classic Disney cast. It includes a few of my favorites like "Pluto and the Christmas Tree" as well as "Mickey's Christmas Carol." The new shorts seem to stay true to the classic Disney style of storytelling. This has become a classic in our home. 

3.Twas The Night Before Christmas

I always liked this movie when I was growing up. Something about the songs, clocks and mice that kept me captivated. Towards the end of the movie the narrator actually recites the whole poem. Rated G.

2. Blue's First Holiday

This little holiday episode is really special. It's about how Blue came to be Blue. There are also old videos shared of when Joe and Steve were young. My kids love this Christmas Special. It's very cute and not one of those annoying shows that drives parents crazy.

1. Father Christmas

Another Christmas movie based on a Raymond Briggs book. This is a movie about Father Christmas taking a vacation and all the fun places he visits on his time off during the year. I love this movie because it teaches kids about other countries and traditions. This Briggs movie actually has talking it in. Rated G

I hope you liked my list of Kids Christmas movies. I tried to include ones you might not have heard of before that my family loves. Of course there are always classics like Miracle on 34th street, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Christmas Story and so on. I might make an adult list in the future. These are always fun for me to do. I love Christmas movies. 
Let me know what your favorite Christmas movies are. I'd love to hear from you!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment