January 12, 2015

Master Bath Reveal

I've never really showed my master bath before because it wasn't much to look at, even after we replaced the flooring & vanity. I was never very happy with it. Honestly, those were quick fixes. Like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, timing was just perfect and so we went ahead and updated both of our bathrooms. If you haven't seen our guest bath yet check out THIS POST HERE.
Here is our bathroom when we bought the house:

Not the oasis I had in mind.
Somehow I don't have any pictures of us updating the vanity and the flooring. :/ I was too busy making sure everything was set and ready for the contractor that I forgot to take pics. :( But you can see what a long way it's come.

We still had a lot of the rectangular tile left over and so we decided to wrap it around the whole bathroom. I found some white hexagon tile at Lowes for the flooring and inset shelf.

Love, love, love this tile. 
Construction zone! You can see the previous color of the bathroom was: Blue, grey. It was a bit too dark and sad. I needed to pick out a new paint color. I thought about going bold with an aqua color but honestly, I wanted the space to be bright. I spent a few minutes in Home Depot looking at all their paint and finally decided on a cream color called Vintage Linen. 

Anyone else label their paint cans to keep things straight? I can't tell you how many times I've opened a paint can thinking I had the right color only to find out it wasn't.
I played it safe and I'm so glad I did. I love this paint color, it matched the tile perfectly. I might use this color in another part of the house. 

So without further ado, here's the completed project: 


My favorite spot, the shower! My oasis. I purchased the showerhead from Amazon Here:Pfister Ashfield , Brushed Nickel shower Head and Handle. I do have to add that we had to buy an additional part that was not included called a rough valve. I wanted this specific shower head because it's raised, now my husband doesn't have to duck to get under the water. 
Plus, it feels like a rain water shower head. 
Inset shelf for shampoo, soap & sponges. Without a doubt the best idea of the whole bathroom. No more shower caddies. Soap dish from Target. This Sleep Body Wash is amazing!! It really does help me get to sleep at night and relax. Plus it's on sale for $6.50 right now at Bath & Body Works. 

A closer picture of the hexagon tile flooring. Blue rug is from Tuesday Morning and white rug is from Ikea. Shower curtain was purchased awhile back from One Kings Lane. 

I found these wood panels from World Market. They were exactly what I was looking for to finish off the space. Our bathroom is now bright, relaxing & functional. 
This was a project low on our list but I'm glad it jumped up and it's finished. I look forward to taking a shower every night. I hope this inspires you to change that one space for yourself that you might be pushing down the list. Every once in awhile you have to work on that one space no one really sees but you. It will make a world of a difference. 

Enjoy!



PS. I am not affiliated with any of these companies. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment