March 18, 2015

Crisp White Living Room

I kept seeing a pattern of pins on Pinterest that I liked, the rooms were painted in white. We don't have one white wall in our entire house. I love how fabrics and textures pop out at you with simple stark white walls. I was toying with the idea of repainting our living room. I had retouched the paint in a couple of places a couple of months ago. The paint didn't match exactly. :( It looked horrible. I knew I would have to repaint the entire living room anyway. I was a little apprehensive about painting it white since we have a white TV stand and cream plates on the wall. My husband liked the warm color of the walls currently. I just couldn't shake the idea. 

I happened to be going by a Sherwin Williams and found a white paint (SW 7006 Extra White)  that I thought was exactly what I was looking for. I jumped at it and bought a gallon. I started that afternoon and finished one whole wall. It looked amazing. It was crisp, clean, bright simply gorgeous. My husband came home that evening and helped me finish. Here is a picture of the living room before:
And here is the after with it painted in Matte Extra White. <3
I also purchased this beautiful sign on Etsy HERE at Christmas and it finally arrived. I love it. I still miss my plates. I think I will have to incorporate them some how in to the room. 
I couldn't be happier with the walls. It's a beautiful contrast to the dark floors and the blue curtains pop. 
Sconces flanking tv
that gave me the great idea of adding sconces on the side of my TV stand. Love! I purchased my sconces from Pottery Barn and found the lamp shades at my local Ross for $8 each! At night we turn all the lights off except the scones and sit and watch a movie. 
(Please ignore the big antenna. We purchased a flat antenna but it doesn't work as well as this big ugly one. My kids can't do without PBS.)
If you're looking for a beautiful stark white to paint a room let me recommend Sherwin Williams Extra White. I'm so glad I took the plunge. It's so much more open and clean looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for reading. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment