October 9, 2015

My 6 Month Hiatus

I haven't posted on this blog for awhile. Honestly, it just started out as not doing as many projects as I used to do. Then I began to really concentrate on me. As a Mom I feel we are pushed and pulled in so many directions. We sometimes forget about ourselves in the process. My blog was one of the things I did for myself. As time went on and I had less and less projects I was working on. It began to feel more as a chore and I felt I had to come up with things to post. I feel my blog should be very organic and not pushed or fake. I decided not to pressure myself to come up with things to post. I think you as readers know when there is a fill in post or some irrelevant article. I don't want to waste your time or mine just to be current. I had to check out for a bit and I found in the 6 month hiatus that I have a lot more interests and I've become a better person.
I was able to concentrate on me and I have so many different hobbies now. I am a healthier person as well. Over the past 6 months I've become a runner and have a gym membership. I lost a total of 33 lbs. I don't know if I will be doing a post on this weight loss journey simply because I just did it the old fashioned way. I changed my eating habits and got off my rear and started exercising...a lot! Maybe later on down the line I will do a post but today I just wanted to say hi. Tell you where I've been and what I've been up to. I have missed you.
Besides becoming a runner I've also taken up the guitar. It's something I've always wanted to try. My wonderful husband bought me a guitar for Mother's Day and I've been checking out a few Youtube videos......I'm mostly just having fun with it.

My husband and I also took a trip to Colorado this year. Estes Park to be exact. It was beautiful and the animals are everywhere.....right in downtown if you can believe it. However, I did get altitude sickness. I would definitely love to go back. 
I think this picture says it all. 
Yes, that is snow. It was unseasonably cool at that time. It was actually snowing when we left. 
I've also become an avid reader. I've probably read over 50 books this summer and I haven't stopped reading one day since February. I never realised how much I loved reading. I pretty much average a book a day now. I am a little obsessed. 
I guess I really wanted to do this post now because I feel like it's an important message to send out...... Sometimes you have to take a break, pause or stop and smell the roses. I feel like I've rediscovered myself. I felt a bit in a rut and I can tell you now I feel like a more rounded person with varied interests and ideas. I think I got caught in the everyday routine of being a wife and mother that I forgot myself as an individual. It took a break from blogging and some time out to find myself again and I like myself so much more for it. Since I have taken up the guitar my kids have also become interested in musical instruments. Because of my new interests I've introduced my family to different things and I am so much happier for it. 
As the holidays are approaching I do plan on doing some posts in the near future. Thank you for sticking with me. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment