November 14, 2016

Kitchen Updates!

It's been a long time coming. I've been working on my kitchen for about a month. Because of the rain and holidays and kids school schedules it's been difficult to finish my kitchen projects. I'm finally coming to the finish line and I can't wait to show you how everything has come together.
Here is a little teaser of one of the things we did to our kitchen to update it.
I've been wanting to update the cabinets for awhile now. The bottom of them has always seemed a bit country bumpkin. Since I'm going to be repaiting my cabinets I thought it was time to do something about it. We've toyed with the idea of covering them and as I was digging around in my garage one day I found the perfect solution. 
L molding! A strip of wood in the shape on an L. I like this because it more encased the bottom of the cabinets and I know it would be more sturdy than simply nailing a wood slat over the cabinet. I immediately got to work. Now you can buy them fairly inexpensive already primed but since I already had them in my garage I figured I'd use the regular wood. So essentially this update cost me $0! 

I did have trouble with the wood splitting and I did have to cover up the nail heads with wood filler and then sand but in all it was a success and I love how it looks. I can't wait for you to see them freshly painted. They look like they've been that way forever. Sometimes you just need to add a bit of trim to make a difference.  
I hope you enjoyed this post I'll be posting more of our kitchen soon. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment